Research Assistant (2022-20)
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Research Assistant 2022-20
PIRE has a significant national presence in the area of applied science, with funded research projects at its centers on prevention, treatment, and policy research. PIRE scientists and practitioners continually focus on the design and implementation of complex program evaluation strategies and the conduct of research related to health and social issues, and criminal justice. PIRE practitioners and scientists provide training and technical assistance in many health-related areas to states and communities that are attempting to improve public health. For more information about PIRE go to www.PIRE.org
PIRE’s Louisville Center is currently engaged in a growing portfolio of projects within the State of Ohio. These state and federally funded projects seek to develop community-based coalitions and communities of practice to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate program activities focused on preventing problem gambling, suicide and opioid, psychostimulant, and other drug use. Other projects focus on crisis services and Ohio’s 988 transition.
We are seeking a Research Associate I who will support PIRE Louisville’s Ohio Project Director with planning, implementing, and coordinating evaluation and research activities for our Ohio-based projects. The salary range for this position is $47,000 – $57,000 per year and includes a comprehensive benefits package. The FTE% for this professional position is 60%-100% and is a remote position based in Ohio and will be formally a part of PIRE’s Louisville, KY Center.
Up to 7 weeks of accrued PTO during the first year
- Company provided Retirement Plan
- Company provided Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment of $100k
- Company provided Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Partial remote-work options
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or related area. Master’s Degree in Social Science or related field preferred.
- 2 years of applicable Social Science experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of SPSS preferred
- Demonstrated track record of applying appropriate frameworks and culturally responsive methods to training, research and evaluation
- Technical expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research and evaluation methods
- Willingness to learn about work in the following areas: (1) substance use prevention (alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs); (2) prescription drug use prevention/opioid use prevention; (3) minority health and health disparities; (4) social determinants of health; (5) rural health; (6) suicide prevention
- Experience with public health approaches to community health issues
- Basic knowledge of public health approaches as well substance abuse prevention programs, strategies, and interventions
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with state agencies and/or local and regional community-based organizations within Ohio is preferred
- Eligible to work for any employer in the US
- Valid driver’s license and access to licensed, insured, and reliable personal transportation for required statewide travel
- Travel in non-pandemic periods is estimated to be 10-15% of working time and will primarily be in Ohio and/or Kentucky.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Some Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with project directors (PIRE and external), funders and funding agencies, grants managers, and cross-component teams to support and facilitate implementation of program activities
- Helping to ensure that project activities and deliverables are completed in a timely manner
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously and fast-paced schedules with professionalism, maturity, poise, and confidence.
- Supporting community-focused meetings, learning and technical assistance programs
- Compile background research (i.e., literature reviews, environmental scans)
- Assisting in the design and implementation of evaluation approaches
- Assisting in the development and implementation of high-quality client-focused and community-focused meetings, trainings, and technical assistance on project components and activities, evaluation processes, data collection, and related topics
- Supporting project data collection and data management
- Assisting in the development, and revision of project and/or statistical reports and presentations
- Assisting in the identification and application process off additional funding opportunities
To apply for this position, please visit: https://pirecareers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/222
PIRE is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
PIRE is a diverse community devoted to the promotion and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, gender or physical ability or veteran status. PIRE is committed to employ, and advance in employment, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
PIRE will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com