RN/Registered Nurse – Cath Lab – Full-time, Days
Job category: Medical
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Cath Lab Department.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is Day shift, full-time, 40 hrs/week; (4)10 hour shifts; 6:30 am – 4:30 pm, holidays and on-call required
Texas Health Fort Worth, a MAGNET facility, is looking for a full-time Cath Lab RN to join their fast-paced, progressive Cath lab department with 6 Suites/Treatment rooms averaging 20 cases per day. We are open 24/7 Monday through Friday and have after hour, holiday and weekend on-call requirements (with 30 min distance response time)
Patient population consists of adult patients with Cardiac, Peripheral Vascular or Electrophysiology related disease.
Responsibilities: Circulating RN + scrub and documentation role, administering moderate sedation for Cardiac, Peripheral angiograms and pacemakers, taking STEMI call for heart attacks.
The essential job duties of this position are: Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process • assesses the patient • plans the care of the patient • intervenes as appropriate • evaluates the effectiveness of interventions • Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care. • Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information • Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
– Associates Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
– CLIAFE – Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency
– Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
– BCLS (AHA) upon hire
– ACLS (AHA) upon hire
– One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
– 1 year of Cath Lab experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor