RN/Registered Nurse – CVICU – Full-time, Nights
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Fort Worth, Texas
Cardiovascular ICU Registered Nurse/RN – making a difference one heartbeat at a time
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Fort Worth family.
- Magnet designated Hospital
- Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility
- Convenient location close to downtown Fort Worth
- Our 25 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) is a very fast paced, high acuity environment that provides a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac-surgical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
We have a primary focus on the care of the cardiovascular surgical patient which covers a vast variety of procedures, from peripheral vascular surgeries to complex open heart surgeries. We focus on providing evidence based, patient focused care to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients.
Copy/paste the link below to directly apply for our available Full Time position
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• ICU/PCU experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required
Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor