RN/Registered Nurse Emergency Department – Full-time, Nights, Azle, TX
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Texas Health Azle seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Emergency Department.
The address is 108 Denver Trail, Azle, TX 76020
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is 7:00 pm – 7:00 am; full-time, 36 hours/week; (3) 12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Azle family.
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Accredited in Chest Pain Management
- Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility available
- Community-based hospital conveniently located north-west of downtown Fort Worth
- Small but busy 12 Bed Emergency Department has an average daily census of 60 – 70 patients and the Nurse/Patient Ratio is 1:3 – 1:4
We are proud of our family-oriented environment and the great working relationships we have with our physicians and each other.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process • assesses the patient • plans the care of the patient • intervenes as appropriate • evaluates the effectiveness of interventions • Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care. • Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information • Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Associate’s degree in nursing required; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two yearsof earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS (AHA) upon hire required
- ACLS (AHA) within 30 days of hire
- CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 90 days of hire
- PALS within 90 days of hire and TNCC within 12 month of hire
- One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
- ED experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas. Located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Azle provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, surgical care, cardiology, wound care, pain management, radiology, rehabilitation services and an adult intensive care unit. Texas Health Azle is a Level IV trauma center, accredited in Chest Pain Management with distinction by the Joint Commission, and a 2013 National 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor