RN/Registered Nurse Long Term Acute Care – A career well worth your time
Job category: Medical
Job Type: Full Time
Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Specialty Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Long Term Acute Care Department.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is 7:00 pm – 7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Specialty Hospital Fort Worth our 10-bed, long term acute care hospital, located within Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, offers an environment for you to use your clinical expertise to provide individualized and holistic care for patients with intensive nursing needs. By maintaining a low nurse-to-patient ratio, we have the opportunity to impact the progress of our patient’s health over our average 25-day length of stay. This means the time for you to really make a difference in your patient’s quality of life. We care for those with medically complex cases every day, such as ventilator-dependent patients with rehabilitation potential, patients with complex wound care and multisystem failure/ multiple trauma patients. Consider a career well worth your time at Texas Health Specialty.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process • assesses the patient • plans the care of the patient • intervenes as appropriate • evaluates the effectiveness of interventions • Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care. • Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• LTAC, Critical Care, Progressive Care and Telemetry experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor