Job category: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer to cover sales territories. Generate new business, maintain existing accounts, and increase sales and market share through the use of various channels. Responsibilities include generating sale of batteries, chargers, and service within the sales areas. Including forecasting, quoting, order writing ups, and meeting or exceeding all targets established in the designated territories.
Essential Job Duties
- Follow all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, meetings, and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
- Create, maintain, and enhance relationships with key personnel for product development and sales.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Other activities include proposals, pricing, presentations, forecasting, program management, and other duties as required.
- A primary duty is to exercise discretion and independent judgment when dealing with critical matters.
- All other duties maybe assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have prior experience in sales. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 2-5 years of sales work experience.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written documents written in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
- A college degree and industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to handle customers within assigned territory.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic chemicals including lead products and fiberglass products. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate and occasionally may be loud. Employees working in this position are tested periodically throughout the year for the level of lead in their blood.