Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
/ Chicago, IL , Illinois
- A CCNA / CCNP Certified and AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certified professional with over 8 years of experience in Networking and Security, including hands-on experience in providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN/WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Detailed understanding of different layer 2 protocols like VLANs, VTP, STP, RPVST, Port Security, and Ether Channels (LACP and PAGP).
- Experience in cloud networking (Azure Express Route and AWS connections)
- Experienced in Data-Center Nexus 7009, 7018, 5548P, 5596T, 2148T, 2224Tand 6000switches.
- Worked on configuring the Nexus 5K Aggregation Switch and Nexus 2K Fabric Extenders.
- Implemented VDC, VPC, VRF and OTV on the Nexus 5505 and 7009 switches and also implemented VSS on Cisco catalyst 6509 and 6513 switches.
- Worked on Cisco 1800, 2600, 3600, 7200 and 7600 routers.
- Experienced and skilled in configuring Routing Protocols RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGPV4 on Cisco routers like 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 7200 and 7600 series.
- Hands on experience on racking and cabling F5 hardware in data centers and initialize base configure using TMOS Shell.
- Work experience to setup virtual servers profile and attach pool and pool members, iRules, various profiles, SSL certificates etc.
- Designed Redundancy Gateways for Campus Network using HSRP/VRRP/GLBP.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPSec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco and VPN client.
- Experience in deploying Cisco 6900, 7800, 7900, 8800 and 3900 series VoIP phones.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM, ASM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Experience in testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Working experience with 6500 series switches at layer 2 and layer 3.
- Working experience with Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) and Light Weight Access Point (LWAP).
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting various layer 3 routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Expertise is maintaining stable STP topology using protocols such as Port fast, BPDU guard, root guard and UDLD.
- Experience in Trunking protocols 802.1q and ISL.