Senior Acquisition Program Manager
Job category: Other
Job Type: Part Time
Lexington Park - NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
JOB TITLE: Senior Acquisition Program Manager
Candidate will provide multi-disciplinary support to government system acquisition program management offices. Will also serve as an advisor to government personnel. Duties will include planning, executing, and controlling acquisition programs; organizing, training, and supervising a support staff. Will work with senior government personnel on a regular basis, and will frequently be called on to provide briefings and lead large meetings. Prefer candidates with US DoD acquisition experience with an active TS-SCI clearance desiring full time employment but will consider qualified candidates for a part time.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing acquisition management support services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of acquisition services in support of the customer’s mission. Services include some or all of the following:
- Bid and proposal review/analysis
- Project execution
- Requirements, program strategies, and acquisition plan development
- Other related services associated with the acquisition process
The ideal applicant is versatile, with a broad background and demonstrated ability to produce quality work. Must be comfortable in a challenging, collaborative, multi-tasking, dynamic, high-tempo, deadline-intensive environment with a flexible work schedule supporting multiple customers. Applicants must also have excellent listening as well as oral and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Clearance; SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree
- DAWIA Program Management Level III certified
- At least 10-15 years of program management of ACAT 1-III programs; at least 5 years in a leadership position
- Extensive knowledge of Service and OSD systems program management policies and procedures and application to development, production and fielding of major weapon systems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and a part of a collaborative team
- Extensive experience with Defense Acquisition management processes as contained in the DoD 5000 series directives required.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Clear understanding of the OSD and Service Acquisition organization
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Top Secret Clearance – SCI eligible
- Program Manager of Naval Aircraft and aircraft systems acquisition programs
- Prior aviation experience
- Broad experience with development, coordination and communication of program management strategies and recommendations with mid- and senior-level Service and OSD personnel
- Master’s Degree in related field
WORK LOCATION: Lexington Park, MD
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.