Senior Analyst – OPNAV N83
Job category: Other
Job Type: Part Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Analyst OPNAV N83
The Office of the Chief of Naval Operations Fleet Readiness Division (OPNAV N83) identifies and validates aviation, ship, submarine, and Naval Expeditionary requirements for operations, maintenance and associated support required to meet Fleet operations and achieve expected service life of warfighter equipment. N83 must be capable of providing rapid and accurate, qualitative assessment of the warfighting readiness impact of programmatic changes. N83 also serves as the lead for the OPNAV Warfighting Readiness Cross Functional Team. This effort requires the analysis and coordination of requirements across the stakeholders of Personnel, Equipment, Supply, Training, Networks, Ordnance and Infrastructure (PESTONI) elements of Readiness and the Fleets.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides warfighting readiness analyses and assessments to include force level analyses, modeling and simulation (M&S) support, as well as management and documentation support. The work will be focused on the key areas below:
- Readiness reports and analysis
- Readiness metrics development and tracking
- Warfighting Readiness (PESTONI) Program Objective Memorandum (POM) development
- Readiness product archiving
- Coordination across the OPNAV staff, SYSCOMs, other Service Staffs, Joint Staff, OSD staff, COCOMs, the Fleet (USFFC and CPF)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Education Bachelors degree in Operations Research or related field with at least 24 semester hours in combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, computer science, engineering (aerospace, electrical, mechanical, systems engineering, etc.) or in political science, intelligence, foreign or international relations, or national security studies.
- Experience Ten (10) years of experience in one or more of the above listed disciplines applied to Navy technical programs or seven years of experience in military, geopolitical or war-fighting applications and analysis. Including experience in supporting modeling and simulation based analysis and managing budgeting, cost tracking/analyses, warfare analysis, project scheduling/ tracking, and logistics requirements analysis. Masters Degree with seven (7) years of applicable work experience will be considered.
- Strong analytical skills to include independent research and quantitative analysis of readiness metrics, trend analysis, and policy reviews.
- Ability to effectively coordinate across diverse organizations.
- Strong written communications skills to include development of compelling briefings, point papers and executive level correspondence.
- Strong oral communications to include briefing senior officers and civil service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters Degree (MS) in Operations Research or related field preferred
- Served in the U.S. Navy
- Experience conducting readiness analysis on the OPNAV staff, other Navy commands, OSD, or other services
- Planning, Programming, Budget Execution (PPBE) experience on the OPNAV staff
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: Readiness, operations research, operations analysis, readiness analyst
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.