Senior Avionics Engineer (Weapons) – FCO
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Avionics Engineer (Weapons) – FCO
The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center Future Capabilities Office develops, tests, and rapidly fields Air Force aeronautical capabilities. Project tasks include conducting studies to identify new capabilities; transition laboratory technologies to operational platforms; execute demonstrations; and develop, test, and rapidly field new capabilities for the warfighter.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Senior Avionics Engineer that advises and assists in managing the development (RDT&E focused efforts), integration and sustainment of advanced aircraft weapons, subsystems, devices and support equipment.
- Conduct analysis of requirements and capabilities to fulfill program requirements, including system performance and reliability.
- Provide technical knowledge on Network Enabled Weapon (NEW) interfaces and engineering support for weapon integration information exchange requirements.
- Translate user requirements into weapon requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test and evaluate weapons, subsystems and equipment.
- Apply knowledge of systems engineering in support of system definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, risk modeling/simulation, T&E, human system integration, crew stations engineering, OSS&E efforts, interoperability requirements, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems, including ground-based systems.
- Participate in and assist in the planning of systems engineering risk assessments by establishing a risk management review, coordinating action item status, and updating risk management metrics.
- Support the planning and execution of the Airworthiness Review Board Meeting in support of obtaining military flight releases/Military Type Certificates.
- Plan, analyze and evaluate engineering, technical and product support efforts used to
- a) define total weapons systems/subsystem requirements,
- b) translate requirements into design criteria,
- c) evaluate alternative design approaches and
- d) develop system specifications for the systems and subsystems.
- Work with Government and Industry engineering, product support, manufacturing and program manager personnel, including technical experts from various DoD entities in an R&D focused environment.
- Produce or support development of program documents and presentation materials.
- Assist in the development and testing of the program system hardware and software and its integration into the program system architecture.
- Review system specific test plans and participate in the conduction of systems, subsystems, and component testing.
- Will consider candidates who desire part time, on a case-by-case basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI and Special Access Program (SAP) eligibility, and background investigation current within the past 6 years (interim clearances or outdated investigations are not acceptable).
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience. (Will consider less than 10 years of experience on a case-by-case basis).
- Relevant experience in a SAP/SAR environment within the past 5 years (accustomed to handling classified, special access information).
- Experience and knowledge with aircraft weapons (air-to-air, air-to-ground, nuclear) system development and integration (e.g. JDAM, SDB I, SDB II, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, JAGM, B61).
- Knowledge of electronics engineering concepts, theories, principles and concepts and application to system design, architecture and integration.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with next generation data-link technology.
- Aircraft weapon system, subsystems (especially avionics), electronics and technical data experience on ACAT I aircraft acquisition program(s) within the DoD.
- Self-starter and being able to work independently.
WORK LOCATION: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
KEY WORDS: Security, Department of Defense, Classified, SAP, SAR, Special Access, SCI, SCIF, Secret, Top Secret, Weapons, Armament, Avionics, Munitions, Network Enabled Weapon
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/gbm9h88pq26hj9kw