Job category: Procurement and Purchasing
Job Type: Full Time
San Francisco, California
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $52.67 – $63.67 Hourly
$109,553.60 – $132,433.60 Annually
DIVISION: District Division
09/12/22 11:59 PM
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF
APPLICATION: 1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application 2. Resume (Scan and attach as PDF to your online application) 3. Applicants who do not possess a degree; attach a statement supporting additional, recent qualifying position related experience 4. Supplemental Questionnaire THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include: ** • Assessment of education, training and experience • Skills Assessment • Oral Panel Interview • Department Interview for Final Candidates • Background, Employment and Security Investigation
**The District will only invite those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for the management of multiple contracts; preparation and facilitation of various competitive and non-competitive procurements and contracts; conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences, selection committee meetings, interviews, negotiations, and price/cost analyses; carrying out established procurement policy and procedures; regular contact with a variety of District staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors; and performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Plans, organizes, reviews, prepares and processes necessary procurement documents and contracts for competitive and non-competitive procurements including requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, formal bids, solicitation letters, simplified negotiations, sole source and other procurements
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations and District procurement policies and guidelines
- Prepares and coordinates documentation in preparation for FTA Triennial Audits
- Procures rolling stock (buses or ferries) in compliance with FTA regulations
- Purchase capital equipment and services essential to operations
- In coordination with project manager and attorney, negotiates and prepares contracts that are highly complex and sensitive in nature
- Maintains complete contract files, ensuring pertinent documents are current and all auditable contract records are included
- Consults with District attorneys on contract wording and other legal issues
- Works with project manager in the administration of the contract throughout its duration, including processing amendments and change orders, exercising options, assisting with close out and termination, if necessary
- Coordinates and facilitates pre-solicitation conferences and explains requirements and process as needed
- Reviews proposals/bids and requests for additional information and clarification as needed
- Coordinates and facilitates selection committee meetings and explains and enforces selection process
- Participates in resolving contract disputes
- Conducts cost and price analyses for products and services.
- Participates in procurement department initiatives and takes lead as assigned for projects
- Collaborate with other transit and public agencies to develop cooperative procurements
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable performance and attendance is required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or a closely related field; additional position related experience may be substituted on a year per year basis in lieu of degree
- Three years’ recent full-time position related procurement experience with the responsibility of preparing complex solicitation documents and contracts
- Public Agency experience is desirable
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Desirable to possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record; Position occasionally travels to other District offices and to meetings using District vehicles
Physical Requirements: Mobility to work in a typical office setting. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Routine use of computer, telephone and other office equipment. Ability to travel to District facilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
- Applicable state, federal (Federal Transit Administration Third Party Contracting Guidelines), local laws, rules and regulations governing public agency procurement and contract administration principles, practices, and terminology
- Interpret and apply District policies and procedures to contract documents
- Plan and work on multiple contracts, set priorities and meet critical deadlines with interruptions
- Take initiative and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Maintain professionalism while under extreme pressure, tight deadlines, or handling difficult situations
- Develop and maintain cooperative, effective, productive and tactful working relationships with District staff, attorneys and the general public
- Demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficient use of personal computer and software applicable to the work; and use computerized inventory and purchasing systems
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Follow the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to the job
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Administration Building, 1101 Andersen Drive San Rafael, CA 94901
Position #PS101678 SENIOR BUYER
Senior Buyer Supplemental Questionnaire
- This position will lead procurements that could include ferry vessel repair and rehabs, District-wide professional service agreements in areas such as IT consulting, communications, planning, benefit administration, or security. Please describe your experience in leading complex procurements of capital equipment, professional services, or construction. How many years’ experience do you have in this area?
- Please describe what you see as Procurement’s role to the success of a complicated project and how you would add value to a project team.
- This position requires superior communication skills, both written and oral. Please describe your approach as it relates to communicating with end users, especially when their desire to get equipment quickly may conflict with procurement requirements.
- Please describe your experience with public procurement regulations, principles and procedures.
- Please describe your computer systems/software programs experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and/or other relevant software systems.
- Required Question