JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer – XZZ
The DoD Anti-Tamper Executive Agent (ATEA) Program office [Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC/XZZ)] leads the DoD technology development and exploration efforts to protect program information from compromise when in fielded systems.
1. Conduct the DOD Anti-Tamper Education and outreach program to educate acquisition staff and contractors.
2. Lead assessment of technologies to protect program information.
3. Support the evaluation of system architectures.
4. Work with DoD Service Laboratories to explore state-of-the-art solutions to the threats.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Senior Engineer providing technical and engineering support to Department of Defense (DoD) Anti-Tamper (AT) Program Office.
- Interface with technical SME and Service Staff capability leads within the Army, Navy, Air Force, Missile Defense Agency, and National Laboratories.
- Provide engineering support (hardware and software) to on-going technology development and assessment projects via scheduled technical reviews and working group meetings.
- Evaluate system architectures and explore state-of-the-art solutions to threats.
- Provide technical inputs to the roadmap for specific DoD-related technology development areas within the Service laboratories.
- Interact with select industry partners to support technology development reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Support development and establishment of CRADA and other IRAD-supporting contract vehicles with the goal to build industry partnering relationships supporting gov’t laboratory assessment and technology development for transfer to industry.
- Apply industrial security policies and procedures.
- Develop documentation and ensure quality control.
- Conduct research into vulnerabilities of an integrated circuit and other hardware to the reverse engineer threat and research appropriate countermeasures.
- Support facilitation of AT Steering Group, AT Summit Exchanges, and threat working groups.
- Engagement with DoD Service Leads to communicate current training approach and develop future education and outreach expectations.
- Part time support and instruction of the DoD Anti-Tamper Short Course engineering modules. This two-day course is taught to DoD and industry personnel.
- Develop, review, and update new technical course material in concurrence with policy updates
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- SECRET security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation within the last 6 years and be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), Special Access Programs (SAP) access, and ability to obtain a TOP SECRET Clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Self-starter and being able to work independently.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hardware or software laboratory, design, development, or production experience.
- Systems Engineering and/or aircraft avionics experience.
- Anti-Tamper knowledge and experience.
- TOP SECRET clearance with background investigation within the past six years.
- 12 months or more of SAP experience within the past 5 years.
- Training and instruction experience.
WORK LOCATION: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
KEY WORDS: Security, Department of Defense, Classified, SAP, SAR, Special Access, SCI, SCIF, Secret, Top Secret, Anti-Tamper, Engineering, reverse engineering, hardware design
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.