SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
San Francisco, California
POSITION: SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (PS101424)
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA – Golden Gate Bridge
SALARY RANGE: $125,153.60 – $151,257.60 annually, plus benefits (40-hour workweek)
Employee pays up to 7% of salary/wage toward CalPERS retirement plan
Under direction, perform varied professional and mechanical engineering work of above average difficulty in the field and office. May supervise subordinate engineering personnel engaged in design and construction work. May act as resident engineer on construction projects. Interpret, explain and carry out existing engineering construction, design and inspection methods and procedures. Responsibilities include regular contact with mechanical suppliers, contractors and their representatives, the general public and other professional engineering personnel obtaining and providing technical engineering data and information, preparing, checking and reviewing detailed and complex engineering plans, specifications and related reports. Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five years position-related mechanical engineering experience, including design, estimate and specification preparation and the inspection of construction work
- One-year supervisory experience is desirable
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of mechanical engineering designs, drawings, specifications, schedules, quantity and cost estimates for a wide range of new construction and maintenance improvement projects.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of mechanical engineering work either as part of a major project or for an entire project of smaller scope.
- Review contractors’ mechanical submittals and work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Review consultant’s mechanical designs and submittal packages.
- Make field investigations of existing facilities.
- Make investigations of contractual and construction problems that may arise on construction projects.
- Make difficult engineering calculations and analysis in connection with mechanical design of utility systems and transportation facilities; supervise the preparation of detailed drawings for these facilities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (continued):
- Inspect and supervise a wide variety of ordinary and complex construction projects to ensure compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of complex contract documents.
- Prepare correspondence and prepare technical engineering reports in connection with a wide variety of projects.
- Work on a team with other engineers, drafting technicians and contracts personnel on planning, developing and finalizing technical and construction contract documents.
- Know and follow the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to their job.
- Ensure that employees under their supervision follow established safe work practices and obey all safety rules.
- Regular and reliable performance and attendance required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Theories and practices of mechanical engineering, designing, construction and inspection procedures
- Current mechanical codes and products
- Modern construction methods, the strengths and uses of construction materials and stress analysis required in planning construction projects.
- Originate and check design details, estimates, engineering plans and specifications.
- Considerable skill in the application of engineering theories and practices to practical engineering field and office problems.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Operates District vehicles on a regular basis
- Ability to perform periodic field investigations and inspections of existing and new works on the Golden Gate Bridge, and other District structures and buildings
- Ability to climb scaffolds, catwalks and ladders
- Ability to carry test, inspection and other equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Routine use of computer, telephone and other office equipment
- Mobility to work in office setting
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS STATED BELOW
MAY RESULT IN REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
The District’s primary and official means of application notification is via EMAIL. Thus, applicants are advised to check their email for their application status updates.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- GGBHTD Online Employment Application
- Cover Letter – Attach as PDF to your online application
- Resume – Attach as PDF to your online application
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include:
- Assessment of education, training, and experience
- Oral Panel interview
- Department interview for final candidates
***The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
|AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER