Senior Staff Assistant
Job category: Education
Job Type: Full Time
Saratoga Springs, New York
Senior Staff Assistant
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students’ diverse learning preferences. The college now boasts over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College seeks applicants for a full-time Paraprofessional Program Coordinator (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) who will coordinate the Van Arsdale Paraprofessional Program. This program provides undergraduate instruction to teaching assistants and teachers aids in K–12 NYC schools. Classes are held at United Federation of Teachers (UFT) sites in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island, with some on-line courses.
In collaboration with the Faculty Director of the Paraprofessional Program and the Associate Dean of Labor Studies, the Program Coordinator will oversee all program operations which include; supervising and working with the paraprofessional support staff to coordinate student registration, course scheduling, recruitment and locating and renting teaching spaces. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with the appropriate college-wide offices to ensure high quality student services (registration, academic support, student grievances, student events) and will perform operational tasks as requested by the Associate Dean. This position will work closely with a culturally diverse body of faculty, staff and students in multicultural learning and work environments.
- A Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple diverse stakeholders
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships
- Experience as an Academic Advisor
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Night and weekend hours as needed to meet program needs
- Travel between teaching locations in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island with periodic travel to regions with other Empire State College locations across New York State
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.