Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Harahan , Louisiana
Founded in 1983‚ Motor-Services Hugo Stamp, Inc. (MSHS) provides turnkey solutions for the maritime and stationary power industries. Pursuit of engineering excellence and commitment to customer service has enabled MSHS to establish and maintain relationships with customers worldwide, supported by MSHS partnerships with leading engine and turbocharger OEMs.
MSHS continually meets customers´ requirements through the rapid delivery of solutions‚ and competitive pricing within the service and supply of high, medium and slow speed engine service, turbo chargers and fluid management. MSHS is an ISO 9001-2008 certified organization, employing over 200 staff in eight locations throughout North America and the Bahamas.
MSHS has a vacancy in Harahan, LA in the Service Department for a Service Technician versed in both Diesel engines and Turbochargers.
Summary: As a Service Technician required to work independently, or in a team, and be responsible for all aspects of the repair, evaluation, installation, and maintenance of turbochargers and their components at customer job sites and at MSHS Company workshops. You must also be willing to work on and support MSHS on diesel engine components and auxiliary equipment both in the field and MSHS workshops.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Performing assembly and disassembly of main engines and/or auxiliary diesel generators, turbochargers and all associated processes for the purpose of repair, maintenance and installation.
- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing warrantable and non-warrantable items.
- Skillfully using metric and imperial measuring tools, such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Cleaning main engine and auxiliary diesel generator and turbocharger components to MSHS standards using wet and dry-cleaning processes, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
- Operating rotating machinery, such as lathes, drills, lapping tools, balancing machines and misc. special tooling correctly and in a safe manner.
- Estimating time and material costs for repairs and parts as needed.
- Keeping supervisor abreast of needs for additional resources and of progress of schedules.
- Traveling as needed to respond to service calls from our customers.
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company/OSHA/ISO standards and perform all tasks in accordance with established safety procedures.
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2-year degree in a technical vocational discipline and / or equivalent combined experience and education.
- 4-6 years related experience, prefer marine/off-shore industry experience.
- Must be able to travel over 50% of the time.
- Able to read and understand instructional books and technical drawings written in English.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, incl. applications and programs required for work performance and internet usage.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of rigging equipment in tight engine room spaces.
- Must be analytical, reliable and able to work independently or in teams.
- Must be able to obtain TWIC, Huet, and other clearances/certificates required by US Gov’t. Offshore companies, and/or Ports.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively in English.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- The ability to stand for long periods and be comfortable with kneeling, stooping and working in cramped and uncomfortable positions is required.
- Should be prepared to twist and turn the body often and must be open to working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
Motor-Services Hugo Stamp, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Motor-Services Hugo Stamp, Inc., is a Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled