Job category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Johnson Fitness & Wellness recently acquired Nova Fitness Equipment, a Best of Omaha Fitness Equipment and Service Provider, and we are seeking talented and motivated Service Technicians. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the premier fitness equipment and service companies in the Midwest.
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Technician works to repair, diagnose, and maintain exercise equipment. This position will primarily require travel to local area customer sites but may require occasional travel outside the service area with overnights required.
- Act as a positive representative of Johnson Fitness & Wellness (JFW) in the community through professional conduct, appearance and a clean uniform.
- Diagnose problems and repair malfunctioning exercise equipment.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Manage inventory levels appropriately and accurately.
- Prepare and follow through with paperwork related to billing for work
- Complete all time cards to ensure accuracy for payroll purposes.
- Assist the retail stores to resolve any customer service problem areas.
- Assist key personnel to resolve any problem areas.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. This includes “inter” and “intra” departmental employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners, vendors, etc.
- Keeps the Service Manager informed as to all pertinent factors affecting the assigned responsibilities.
- Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the Service Manager may assign from time to time.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of mechanical, service industry experience
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to team lift up-to 150 pounds at times during the work day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb and use hands and arms to operate warehouse equipment, move inventory, product & displays. Must have the strength and stamina to safely lift 150 pounds at least 4 times in a single 8-hour shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus for regular use of computer screen. Employee may, on occasion, operate forklifts, hand pallet jacks and hand shrink wrapper. Occasional use of a ladder is required.
- This position will work majority of the time in the field. A portion of time will be spent in the warehouse which is a standard warehouse operation which can be hazardous with individuals and equipment working in close proximity but majority of the job is on the road or in customers homes.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs