Setup CNC Machinist (Swing Shift)
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah
If you like working with your hands, and have a passion for guns… then we have an amazing opportunity for you! Stop looking at the same old boring job ads, seize this moment and apply to Desert Tech! Your efforts will be valued! Your strong work ethic will be rewarded! You’ll have a job that you’ll love to go to, with people you’ll enjoy being around while actually making a difference! Desert Tech is a great place for those that want a great work-life balance with our four-day work week (that’s right, three-day weekends!). Some of our extremely nice benefits are our employee demo program, employee pricing, and if you choose to use it, our tuition reimbursement program is top notch. Desert Tech employs an amazing team of dedicated workers with strong values and ethics. We strive to provide the best firearms, ammunition and training possible for military, law enforcement, and private gun owners. We are very passionate about the products we make and are extremely committed to being at the forefront in developing tomorrow’s weapons technologies.
Swing 10-hour shift Mon-Thu 3pm-1:30am (30 Min Lunch)
• Sets up and runs multiple production machines under minimal supervision. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts. Performs machine operations where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre-planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper machine functioning or cutting action for correction.
• Works with Engineering and Programming on new production and continuous improvement projects, to machine fixtures, prove out programs, and create setup packets prior to full release into production.
• Follows established manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling.
• Operates hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts in accordance with semi-complicated engineering blueprints and route sheets to close tolerances.
• Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, micrometers and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment (including a microscope) to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
• Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
• Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
• Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
• Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Assists in mentoring and guiding young machinists in the trade.
• May provide training to lower level machinists.
• Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
• Basic math skills
• Mechanically inclined
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to read, follow and understand engineering blue prints (GD&T)
• Ability to use measuring equipment
• Detail oriented
• Willing to work overtime when needed
• Pass a background check
• Legally able to posses a firearm
Additional qualities we look for include:
• Good organizational skills
• Willingness to adapt with change
• Works well in a team environment
• Knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing
• Ability to focus on task at hand
• Loyalty and dedication
• Positive attitude
• Machine maintenance experience