Shipping Warehouse Associate
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
We are hiring! Great opportunities available in our warehouse located in Germantown, WI!
Full Time: Warehouse Clerk / Truck Shipping * Must have previous sit down forklift experience.
Hours: M – F 9am -6pm
Who are we?
Satisloh North America is one of the leading machine manufacturers for ophthalmic and precision optics manufacturing as well as for reliable high-tech equipment. Satisloh provides customized cutting edge solutions and a large variety of surfacing, centering, polishing, coating and finishing equipment, consumables & tools, and services support. As an essential business, our warehouse team supplies companies and organizations with the products they need to serve customers and keep operations running. The health and safety of Satisloh employees continue to be our top priority, and we have implemented numerous changes to our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
What we offer you:
• Competitive insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision program, life insurance, STD and LTD.
• Advancement opportunities available.
• 401(k) with company match.
* Annual Profit Sharing bonus
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Generous paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review printed orders to determine priority.
• Accurately pick orders from storage racks and bins for shipment using forklift, pallet jack , single person genie lift, stair ladders and/or cart
• Report any inventory or order discrepancies to Warehouse Manager
• Verify, pack and process customer orders
• Route outbound shipments using UPS Worldship, Fed Ex Ship Manager, DHL Easyship and various carrier websites.
• Use of hand pallet truck and forklift for loading and unloading of trucks.
• Log daily shipments for reporting purposes
• Pre-pack bulk material and maintenance kits for stock shelves
• Assist in labeling and parts put away for receiving department
• Understand customer needs in regards to delivery of products in an accurate and timely manner.
• Work closely with all team members to ensure that current and anticipated customer needs are met
• Focus on quality control and quality improvements to improve work processes
• Assist in other areas of the warehouse as assigned
• Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hazardous Materials Training – (preferred but not required)
Equipment experience: (preferred but not required)
Electric ‘Bendi’ fork truck
Hand pallet truck
Good listening and communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Satisloh North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SLNA is a drug-free workplace