Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
AT MOVE BUMPERS WE STRIVE FOR SUPREME QUALITY. We take pride in our products and providing value for our customers. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create the best possible heavy-duty truck & SUV bumper kits and accessories on the market while being part of a growing team focused on teamwork, dedication, and innovation. Plus, we’re a bunch of truck fanatics!
Move Bumpers, based in Lewistown, MT, has quickly become an industry leader in aftermarket steel truck bumpers. We’re known for our heavy-duty DIY bumper kits and serious dedication to our customers. Our team is constantly striving to merge sleek style with extreme protection. The Move factory uses cutting-edge technology to create heavy-duty raw steel bumpers which are built to last. Our technology allows us to experiment with any new ideas our customers and designers can dream up.
Were you Born to Build?
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the SHOP TECHNICIAN is responsible for working from blueprints and drawings to cut, form, and assemble materials according to work orders. To be successful in this role, you will be familiar with standard machining concepts, practices, and procedures; possess expert machining knowledge and strong math skills; and demonstrate the ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining superior attention to details. Willing to learn? We are willing to train! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Loading and unloading of raw steel and other materials
• Preparation and organization of steel parts
• Transport steel parts through shop
• Form parts to company specifications in a manner consistent with the company’s quality standards
• Performs the set-up for manual and CNC cutting and forming operations per work instructions
• Maintain on-time deliveries by moving orders through the production workflow in a timely manner
• Inspects all parts for proper assembly and cosmetic defects
• Perform order fulfillment duties, including packaging and shipping
• Perform preventive maintenance on machines to reduce downtime and uphold quality standards
• Cross train in other functional areas as business needs dictate
• Adhere to all safety protocols and keep a safe and clean work area
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years hands-on fulfillment and packaging experience PREFERRED
• Ability to read and comprehend work orders and shop flow programs once trained
• Familiarity with 2D Laser, Plasma Cutting Table, Press Brake, Tubing Bender, or similar equipment PREFERRED
• Previous CNC experience or willingness to learn
• Experience operating reach truck forklift, telehandler, and overhead hoist a plus – TRAINING AVAILABLE
• Strong mechanical aptitude
If you are the highly efficient and detail-oriented technician we are looking for, we look forward to getting to know you! Please complete our application and include your salary requirements. Applicants without salary requirements will not be considered.
Learn more about us at www.movebumpers.com . No phone calls please. EOE