Site Foreman – Crew Lead
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
By Assembly is part of the Czarnowski Collective. Our team boasts more than 80 years of experience creating kits of temporary and custom designed structures for experiential activations, festivals, and sporting events. Check out our portfolio of work here: www.byassembly.com
Are you a natural leader who enjoys travelling? Envision yourself leading a team that assists in the production and installation of weekly and daily events across the US. Your team ensures events are executed according to client specifications while utilizing safe and correct techniques to install and dismantle specialty clear span structures. As a leader, you will interact and communicate courteously and effectively with clients and external professionals during event delivery, installation, and strikes. In this position, you will have developed thorough knowledge of Inventory, common practices, installation, and strike procedures, including various venue policies and standards.
- Plan, organize and manage time for yourself and the team
- Consult with Operations Manager and/or Site Manager regarding work schedule
- Client liaison during build and dismantle phases of the project
- Manage crew and local labor
- Troubleshoot potential issues throughout project phases
- Assist in installation and dismantling at job sites while adhering to company standards
- Utilize hand trucks, hand powered drills, and other material handling equipment to load and unload materials at event sites
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc
- Follow and comply with all safety, work rules, and regulation while maintaining site standards such as maintaining a clean work area
- Assist in warehousing and maintenance of structures
- 2+ years site management/Foreman level experience
- Must be willing and able to travel nationwide to event locations. Transportation will be provided.
- Experience in the temporary structure market is highly preferable
- Military experience is desired
- Regularly required to stand, and use hands to finger, handle and/or touch objects, tools or controls
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Work in all weather conditions
- Work at elevated heights
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, reach above shoulders, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and use foot/feet to operate machinery.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle check
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.