Job category: Technology
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Software Specialist
This position is contingent upon contract award5
Software Specialist for a contingent opportunity in Edgewood, MD, Albany, GA, and Suitland, MD, will serve as a software specialist, providing software systems engineering support and requirements management. The Specialist will have a strong working knowledge of and experience in the application and continuing use of SAPs NetWeaver and Solution Manager in order to support integration efforts involving various third-party applications, technologies, and business processes across the Army and DOD enterprises; to account for the various components and interdependencies that are involved; and to integrate software from other vendors so that a comprehensive and fully functioning SAP solution is achieved.
Their experience will include but is not limited to the following:
- Implement and maintain complex databases, implementing procedures to control access and allocation of data, maintaining security controls, and maintaining database definitions and documentation.
- Provide IT assistance and instruction.
- Provide installation, maintenance, & troubleshooting for all administrative databases and associated software.
- Conduct installation, configuration, evaluation, and maintenance of third party application software.
- Provide configuration management of all program and technical documentation.
- Provide SharePoint administration.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure in a Virtual Data Center environment.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support.
- Liaise with vendors and other Information Technology (IT) personnel for problem resolution. The contractor shall have proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- May be required to travel up to 20% Continental United States (CONUS).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Minimum Security Clearance level- Secret
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems Management, or a related discipline.
- General Experience: Eight (8) years of general experience and four (4) years of experience with government information systems.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting in virtual data center environments.
- Experience with administering web based application servers including Java Application Servers (Tomcat 7/8), Internet Information Services (IIS) 7+, Jetty 8+, ActiveMQ, Karaf (OSGi).
- Database experience Microsoft (MS) SQL 2012, Postgre Structured Query Language (SQL), MySQL.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT)-II Cyber Security Workforce or Certification in Windows Server 2008R2/2012R at no cost to the Government.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess familiarity with Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (JPEO-CBRND) programs.
WORK LOCATION: Suitland, MD
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.