Software Tester Intern
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Freelance
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Spend your internship being part of something bigger – improving products that promote human health. Our program is filled with opportunities to innovate, collaborate, and invest in yourself. As the Software Test Intern, you will join our Design Quality Assurance Team which is a highly-skilled group of individuals that work closely with developers and interacts widely throughout the company. Responsibilities would be to determine gaps in our automation coverage, utilizing the testing framework design and implement new functional, integrations, and performance automate test.
NOTE: This is an off-campus job.
- Design, create and build test cases, and necessary phase gate checklists for multiple software platforms.
- Collaborate with the Product Development teams to understand the requirements and develop & manage the test scenarios for all the new development projects.
- Communicate, prioritize and track test execution, defects and issues appropriately and recommend corrective action whenever required.
- Facilitate functional testing, regression testing, UI testing, and performance testing for all feature requirements.
- Deliver quality products by thoroughly testing throughout all phases of development life cycle (Regression, Functional, Integration, End to End testing) using a combination of testing methods.
- Convert manual test cases in to automation test scripts
- Investigate and develop new ways to automate product features
- Other projects as needed
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Experience with command line scripting (Bash, Python)
- Proficient in modern Object-oriented languages (Java, C++), who enjoys writing elegant code, is not afraid of trying new things/technologies, has interest in test automation, development tools, and automation frameworks.
- Working knowledge with performance testing is a plus.
- Familiar with Linux and Windows platforms and commands.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- Ability to multi-task well and change focus quickly
- Should be results oriented, possess a high degree of motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach above the shoulders, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The intern must be able to use fitness equipment and perform basic exercises at a moderate pace.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed risk of electrical shock, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate.