Solar Landscaper Technician
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Hickory, North Carolina
Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician Job Summary:
A landscaper technician works within a team of three to four to perform vegetation maintenance and abatement on solar farms in the western, North Carolina region. This individual will receive comprehensive on-the-job and classroom-based training pertaining to site maintenance and safe work practices.
Our scheduled workdays are Monday – Thursday, 0530 – 1600 (This means THREE DAY WEEKENDS!!!) We work forty hours a week, four days a week, all year long. Overtime work maybe required, but on rare occasions.
Most of the tasks are performed outdoors in scenic areas throughout the hills of North Carolina. The scenery changes day to day as we have multiple solar farms in our region to maintain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all co-workers demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and Strata Clean Energy safety policies and procedures during the performance of facilities management activities.
- Conduct vegetation maintenance and abatement on solar power generation plants, primarily using a zero turn mower provided by the company.
- Conduct routine maintenance and repair of vegetation management equipment including, but not limited to mowers, tractors, string-trimmers, hedge trimmers, rotary cutters, tractor implements, and hand tools.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle, tooling, electrical devices, software, and company property are maintained.
- Assist with interdepartmental maintenance activities as needed.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Clear understanding of safe work place practices and procedures.
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal oversight.
- Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours, and weekends (Working out of town or over the weekend is rare and advance notice is generally given.)
- Ability to operate in a manner consistent with organizational policies, procedures, and vision.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with peers, supervisor, and all other individuals both within and outside of the organization.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Work is to be performed in the field and occasionally in the field office (located in Hickory, NC).
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required – including, but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, and hearing protection (all provided by Strata). Safety toe boots are required but not provided by Strata.
- Must have the ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short distances for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.