Strategic Communications Analyst – OPNAV N17D
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Strategic Communications Analyst OPNAV N17D
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations (Manpower, Personnel, Training & Education MPTE) (DCNO, MPTE) (N1) is responsible for overall manpower and personnel readiness. The 21st Century Sailor Drug Detection and Deterrence Office (N17D) supports Fleet readiness by fighting drug use. It provides prevention planning, education and training on illegal drug use to the military community and surrounding civilian community to increase substance abuse awareness, and other activities designed to reduce the demand for illegal drugs.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides strategic communications support to the Navy Drug Detection and Deterrence Office.
- Develop, manage, and maintain a drug abuse prevention strategic plan.
- Provide information for leadership decisions and command-level implementation plans.
- Collaborate with all OPNAV N17 portfolio programs to ensure the synchronization and combination of portfolio messaging into OPNAV N170D programs.
- Write E-Gram submissions, newsletters, and fact sheet; write and edit briefs, speeches, and other written materials.
- Maintain and edit website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) and other communication channels for N170D; create and maintain social media pages.
- Market N170D thorough public media and develop/coordinate public affairs events with national and international audiences with the Navy Public Affairs Office, Navy Internal Relations Activity, and other appropriate Federal, civilian and military media and/or public affairs offices.
- Assist in the development of strategic communications and informational products that may include brochures, factsheets, reports, posters, and other educational training aides, in support of OPNAV N170D.
- Develop and coordinate marketing strategies for training, education, and public information and awareness articles for appropriate media dissemination.
- Conduct training, education, and public information needs analysis surveys and plan annual procurement of resources materials (visual information, print and other products) for specifically identified audiences, specific training and education courses for commands, installations, major military professional conferences and training events. Develop, maintain, and distribute quarterly and annual visual information report and print report.
- Assist N170D staff in developing and coordinating Navy-wide drug abuse prevention programs. Keep abreast of all current prevention trends, projects and evaluation information as basis for developing effective, innovative prevention programs which enhance Navy readiness.
- Provide routine administrative support to include email, web, phone support to OPNAV N170D Drug Demand Reduction prevention programs (e.g. information about training, how to order products, how to make reports).
- Develop and coordinate N170D displays and participation at professional conferences, Navy and DoD special events, and conferences such as White House Drug Free initiatives and Red Ribbon Week.
- Available for emergency call back outside of normal hours if required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- General experience: minimum of ten years experience in analyzing data, marketing and public Affairs.
- Specific experience: must have experience in marketing and advertising.
- Able to independently develop research and develop compelling briefings, information papers and other documents as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree in marketing or health preferred.
- Navy, other service, federal or state drug detection and deterrence program management experience.
- Analysis of Navy programs.
WORK LOCATION: Millington, TN
KEY WORDS: Strategic communications, marketing, advertising, drug detection, drug deterrence
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.