Supervisor 4 – General Services (Building Services Supervisor)
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
JOB DUTIES (SUMMARY):
- Under the direction of the Building Services Administrator, supervises daily operation of mailroom, stockroom, dock and other assigned personnel; oversees and coordinates agency office supply inventory and inventory control activities; manages the acquisition, destruction, and auctioning of supplies and equipment. Responsible for all aspects of the agency’s automotive fleet; develops long and short-term objectives for assigned area; develops and implements policies and procedures; produces reports for administration on activities of assigned areas; determines work schedules; develops coverage plans; makes budgetary recommendations. Evaluates staff performance, issues corrective action and discipline as required.
- Provides administrative support to Building Services Administrator including but not limited to; fulfilling requests for access (key) control rights, updates and modifications; employee badge access, security camera and other related security reports; assist in the coordination of agency personnel moves; telecommunication and other related requests. Assists in development and execution of project plans as needed.
- Monitors contracts related to areas of responsibility; tracks invoices and purchase orders. Works with Building Services Administrator to develop annual budget recommendations; interacts with fiscal personnel to ensure spending is aligned with budget.
- Attends conferences and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION):
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or a human services field such as Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Human Services or a related field from an accredited college or university; AND One (1) year of experience including supervision of non-program work units (comprised of services maintenance/skilled craft workers/technical workers) in an agency or division involving assigning and monitoring work; training, evaluating and counseling workers; preparing required reports and maintaining files. The above education requirement can be substituted with experience as follows: Associate’s Degree and 3 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of experience.
• Valid Driver’s License issued by the state of residency
- Experience managing and supervising staff in the operation of large to medium sized mailroom, shipping and receiving, office supplies, and digital document management hardware and software (Onbase).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates can be developed after employment)
- Knowledge of: inventory control, purchasing and requisition procedures; supervision; office practices and procedures; agency policies and procedures*; government structure and process; industrial safety practices; public relations.
- Skill In: Microsoft Office Suite of business applications, conflict resolution, project management
- Ability to: communicate effectively in oral and written form; define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; maintain accurate records; gather, collate and classify information about data, people or things; establish friendly atmosphere as supervisor of work unit; carryout instructions in written, oral, picture or schedule form; post information accurately to written record; accurately anticipate supply needs; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers; load and unload supplies and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FACTORS:
- Must undergo a background check via the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI). Must have a car, valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency and required auto liability insurance.
BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED:
Background checks consistent with requirements in OAC 5101:2-5-09 must be completed at employment and every ten years following, including but not limited to the following systems:
- State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- State Child/Abuse Neglect Central Registry Check for any state in which the applicant resided within the last five years
- Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification Investigation (BCI)
- National Sex Offender Public website (WWW.NSOPW.Gov) Code 5101:2-5-09 must be conducted for each prospective employee
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
WORK HOURS: Full-Time (40 hours weekly)
STARTING SALARY: $28.56 hourly ($59,405 annually)