Sustainability Solutions Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
ENGIE Impact is accelerating sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments around the world.
What makes us different than other consulting firms? Many things… We’ll list a few here:
- We’re agile like a start-up, but since we’re incubated within an organization that has over $60B in annual revenue, we have the capital and experience of a large multinational company
- From our executive team to our interns, we are passionate about and 100% committed to sustainability
- We help our clients realize their sustainability ambitions by minimizing risk and facilitating the transition to zero-carbon with our end-to-end capabilities
- We are lean and nimble, but operate at the scale required to address climate change
Strategy Consulting Manager
ENGIE Impact is looking for an exceptional Strategy Consulting Manager to join our fast-growing Sustainability Solutions team. As a Strategy Consulting Manager, you’ll be part of a client-facing team that focuses on supporting Fortune 500 companies and cities as they embark on their transformation into zero-carbon footprint organizations. You’ll work on sustainability projects across a variety of sectors and clients, regardless of your technical expertise or industry experience, and have the opportunity to broaden your skills by working on internal projects, too. If you strive to be an environmental hero and want to help change the world (quite literally), please keep reading.
As a Strategy Consulting Manager, you will be the day-to-day client contact overseeing all aspects of project delivery. You’ll manage a talented team of 3-6 consultants to deliver sustainability projects across a broad spectrum, from renewable energy to carbon, water, waste, resiliency, and more. We work with clients in the private as well as the public sector, so chances are you’ll have the opportunity to work with both.
An ideal candidate is a critical thinker who can lead a team and communicate his/her insights to all audiences with precision. (S)he is well-equipped at managing multiple workstreams and mitigating project-related risk. Playing well with others goes without saying… But there, we said it. Do your deliverables make your clients swoon? Are your presentations the envy of your peers? If so, please apply.
- Project management. Manage all aspects of an engagement: workstreams, quality assurance, project financials, staffing needs, project risks, and stakeholder communications.
- People management. Lead a team of Analysts and Consultants; contribute to their skills development through coaching and mentoring. Role model a high-performance teaming culture that practices openness and real-time feedback every day.
- Translate the strategic direction of Managing Directors, Directors, and clients into action.
- Oversee and perform research (both qualitative and quantitative) on markets, industries, trends, clients, and competitors. Produce financial models, insightful data analyses, sensitivity analyses, and business case/model analyses.
- Verbal and written communication. Direct and prepare compelling decks and supporting material for client meetings and proposals. Develop and deliver executive-level communications and presentations.
- Business development support. Collaborate with team on business development efforts and generate incremental opportunities with clients.
- At least five years of professional experience
- A minimum of three years in strategy consulting in cleantech, energy, sustainability, utilities, or similar; previous experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm preferred
- Solid consulting skillset expected – team management, project management, analysis, issue-based problem solving, communication, and facilitation
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment that is fast-paced, ever-changing, and has high levels of ambiguity
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
About ENGIE Impact and Sustainability Solutions
ENGIE Impact’s Sustainability Solutions group was created to accelerate sustainability transformation for corporations, cities, and governments. While society is making strides toward a sustainable future, it isn’t happening fast enough. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term.
Launched in 2019, ENGIE Impact is business unit of ENGIE, a global leader in low-carbon energy and services. Our ambition is to become the world leader in the zero-carbon transition “as a service” for our customers. We are unique because we can leverage ENGIE Group’s world-class expertise in zero-carbon energy, mobility, and buildings as well as innovative digital tools and financing capabilities to offer our clients a true end-to-end solution. With 160,000 employees across 70 countries, we – combined with our customers, partners and stakeholders – are a community that understands the urgency of climate change and are working together to take action today, for tomorrow.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Impact is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.