Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Toronto, ON Canada, Worldwide
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
You are a strong leader with a proven track record of operating and managing entertainment venues, innovation and business development, growing revenues and profitability, and developing leading teams.
What you will do:
In this role, you will lead Live Nation Canada’s national venues and operations portfolio, leading a cross-functional team that includes Venue Management; Event Operations; Health, Safety and Risk Management; Facility Management; and Real Estate Development as we seek to grow our venue footprint across Canada.
Venue and Event Operations
- Lead and develop a national team of experienced venue general managers across the country.
- Provide leadership and ensure superb execution in all areas of operations (including event operations, facility enhancement, guest experience, IT, tenant relations, etc.).
- Execute an industry leading fan experience by establishing and maintaining high standards of service for staff, fans, artists, and vendors, ensuring first-class facilities, and premium amenities and services.
- Ensure an excellent overall Health & Safety environment, including adherence to a robust set of policies and procedures.
- Develop and recommend an annual capital budget for long-range repairs and revenue generating improvements to our owned and operated venues.
- Ultimately responsible for the operating budgets, capital maintenance, and profitability of all owned and operated venues in Canada.
- Manage relationships with various governmental departments and agencies (infrastructure, culture, etc.)
Maximize ancillary revenue across venue and festival portfolio
Working in owned and operated venues and festivals, along with festival partners, maximize ancillary revenue generating opportunities including food and beverage, premium sales and service, etc. Specifically you will:
- Develop strategies for identifying new and unique offerings and concepts for different venues and events and overall fan experience. Convert these strategic initiatives into working and profitable concepts.
- Share and collaborate with other company leaders on best practices to improve and innovate Live Nation Canada venue operations, offerings and concepts.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Talent, Marketing and Sponsorship to create innovative offerings that drive revenue growth, fan and partner engagement, and profitability.
- Be an integral part of the business development team, developing strategic venue plans in-line with Live Nation Canada’s growth objectives and strategic plan.
- Oversee the preparation of contract terms and statements of work for all capital improvement and construction contracts; negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Works closely with key governmental departments, as well as interaction with the community in general to achieve company objectives with respect to our venues
- 15+ years of operations and leadership experience in live entertainment, venue, or hospitality with demonstrated progressive growth
- Proven experience with creating and executing strategies to scale up business operations
- Expertise in building and leading teams on a national level, while collaborating cross-functionally with all departments across the Live Nation organization
- A proactive approach to project management, strategic planning, and leadership
- Ability to turn data and insights into decisions and action to support business strategies
- Able to evaluate business opportunities within the larger organization
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage operational budgets
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.