Systems Development Support Manager – BUMED
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Development Support Manager – BUMED
Skilled and energetic Executive Support Manager to support the Navy Bureau of Medicine in requirements analysis, acquisition, testing, fielding and life cycle management for expeditionary medical systems. The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) is an agency of the United States Department of Navy that manages health care activities for the Navy and US Marine Corps in operational and expeditionary environments. BUMED assures the manning, training, equipping and certification of expeditionary health service capabilities, and provides health service support for Naval operations around the globe.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WBB is seeking a Systems Development Support Manager to perform complex administrative duties, both routine and non-routine, for BUMEDs senior management staff in support of systems development and life cycle management.
- Candidate will provide manager level support for the project team as required to include scheduling, calendar management, logistics, facilitation and analysis, drafting memos and task tracker management
- Provide technical support (print issues, document formatting, coordination for project Support staff
- Provide Meeting management (invitations, document distribution, notes, run keyboard for presentations, etc.)
- Have daily interaction with senior flag officers, senior executives and supporting staff in coordinating project plans, life cycle management and daily requirements
- Review, staff and edit flag officer level decision memoranda and policy documents for signature and approval
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a CAC Card
- Minimum of 2 years of Program Management experience, or providing direct support to Senior Program Managers
- Must have experience working in a professional environment responsible for supporting senior managers or equivalent
- Must have executive administrative experience in preparing, reviewing, editing and processing senior manager level correspondence for signature and approval.
- Must possess strong problem-solving ability, balanced judgment and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with DoD correspondence requirements
- Must be familiar with DoD requirements and acquisition processes.
- Must possess exceptional Microsoft Office skills to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and ambiguous situations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a close team environment
- Must be highly organized and pay meticulous attention to detail
- Must be disciplined to work with little supervision, prioritize work requirements as necessary to meet deadlines, and provide oversight when required
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership skills to interact with a diverse group of military and contractor support staff
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively top to bottom and laterally across the organization with senior leadership, flag officers, program/project managers, end-users, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and uses knowledge and experience to assist in documenting and staffing packages and deliverables that represent the best product possible for the client
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with the DoD. Navy experience highly desired.
- JCIDS, DoD Acquisitions, or DoD Systems Development experience is highly desired.
- DAU credentials are a plus.
- Defense/Health experience would be a plus.
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.