Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer
Candidate will support multiple home site projects for a variety of DoD acquisition program offices. Candidates must have recent experience with the USAF Global Hawk Program. Will consider qualified candidates seeking either a full time or part time position.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include planning and applying systems engineering analysis and related methodologies in support of major weapon system modernization and sustainment programs. Will work with mid- and senior-level government and prime contractor personnel to complete task assignments. Responsibilities will encompass the analysis of existing engineering-based strategies and documentation relative to regulatory format requirements, the definition and coordination of engineering-based mitigation strategies to resolve known and projected shortfalls, and the update and the revisions to system engineering and acquisition management documentation to comply with execution requirements. Applicants must also have excellent listening as well as oral and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Clearance
- At least 8-12 years of systems analysis and/or systems engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of Air Force and OSD systems engineering policies and procedures and application to development, production and fielding of major weapon systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the USAF Global Hawk acquisition program.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and a part of a collaborative team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive experience with Defense Acquisition management processes as contained in the DoD 5000 series directives required.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Clear understanding of the OSD and USAF Acquisition organization
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Broad experience with development, coordination and communication of systems engineering-based strategies and recommendations with mid- and senior-level Air Force and OSD personnel; particularly missile programs.
- DAWIA Systems Engineering Level III
- Extensive familiarity with regulatory and statutory guidance involving systems engineering-based strategies and documentation (i.e., Systems Engineering Plans) and implementation into major weapon systems
- Prefer candidates geographically located in or near Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton geographical area.
WORK LOCATION: Beavercreek, OH
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.