Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer
This position is contingent upon contract award
Systems Engineer for a contingent opportunity supporting Joint Project Manager Medical Countermeasure Systems (JPM MCS) in Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), Ft. Detrick, MD, Edgewood, MD, and Stafford, VA. This person will perform all aspects of technical analysis and systems engineering support to facilitate the design, development, implementation and sustainment of a materiel solution. Candidate will directly facilitate the conduct of systems engineering technical processes, per the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG), including requirements analysis and flow down, associated development of and updates to Performance Specifications (PSpecs) and architectures, and assessment of vendor allocated baselines.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide SE management support to assigned program(s), to include planning and execution to support the entire system life cycle, for all SE processes:
o Decision Analysis
o Technical Planning
o Technical Assessment
o Requirements Management
o Risk Management
o Configuration Management
o Technical Data Management
o Interface Management
- Conduct review and analysis of the Product/System contractors (i.e. the contractor tasked with developing, producing, or otherwise acquiring the product(s) that are the objective of the particular acquisition program) engineering products, processes and deliverables, and provide objective observations, data, and findings to the program manager to support Government review and decision processes. Such products to be reviewed and analyzed include:
- Development and maintenance of SE program plans as required to document and guide government implementation, including coordination, review and adjudication of stakeholder comments. Examples of such documents include the Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Configuration Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Program Protection Plan, and the Programmatic ESOH Evaluation.
- Provide administrative and technical support for the planning, execution, documentation, and follow-on task resolution for program technical reviews and analyses such as Requirements Reviews, Design Reviews, and configuration audits.
- Provide support to program contracting processes related to SE tasks and efforts, including Statement of Objectives/Work development, review and analysis of contractor-submitted technical data, and technical support to government representatives at working meetings and formal reviews with their materiel acquisition contractors.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Minimum Security Clearance Level Secret
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related discipline, as well as five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Tradeoff: Bachelors degree in a non-engineering discipline, as well as ten (10) years of relevant engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of systems engineering (SE), as it relates to the DoD Acquisition process defined in DODD 5000.01 and DODI 5000.02.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive experience working with Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEOCBRND) programs is desired.
WORK LOCATION: Stafford, VA
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.