Systems Engineer: JPEO-CBD
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer: JPEO-CBD
This position is contingent upon contract award
Systems Engineer for a contingent opportunity supporting United States Air Force (USAF) in Edgewood, MD. To perform all aspects of technical analysis and systems engineering support to facilitate the design, development, implementation and sustainment of a materiel solution.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide systems engineering analysis on assigned programs to support branch program managers and/or systems engineers.
- Assist the government engineer or program manager in executing program-level IPTs for systems engineering, risk management, test and evaluation, and configuration management through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks.
- Actively participate in and provide input to program functional IPTs, interim program reviews, milestone decisions, and other program-related meetings or updates by taking detailed notes and working with government counterparts to address and resolve issues raised by stakeholders.
- Assist the government engineer or program manager in executing technical reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, or system audits through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks.
- Develop a disciplined process for assessing program adequacy and shall lead reviews for branch leadership prior to milestone reviews.
- Develop, review, and maintain systems engineering documentation (e.g., Systems Engineering Plans, Configuration Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
- Provide systems engineering risk analysis and independent reviews of engineering and program risk analysis for assigned programs.
- Perform requirements analysis, derive system performance specifications, define and scope technical work through the contract PWS, and manage technical design contractors to ensure the mission is executed in accordance with planned engineering cost, schedule, and performance parameters.
- Develop capabilities documents and SOWs to support development and fielding of hardware and software capabilities.
- Provide systems engineering input to other program documentation (e.g., Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Life Cycle Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
- Translate assigned program requirements into language for product specifications and contract statements of work, and shall help determine the appropriate contract data reporting required.
- Maintain systems engineering tools for requirements traceability, and brief branch and other senior leadership on programs.
- Respond to systems engineering inquiries and taskers assigned by the branch chief engineer.
- Manage and support software configuration control for both internal and fielding implementations.
- Provide recommendations and best practices to be incorporated into maintenance and sustainment plans
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Bachelors degree in the following fields:
- Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as eight (8) years of general experience and five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Tradeoff: Associates degree or professional certificate in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as ten (10) years of general experience and seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- DAWIA Level II certification in SPRDE or working towards its completion. DAU courses will be at Government cost; however, travel costs (ex: Per Diem, lodging, mileage) will not be at Government cost.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Through demonstrated education, training, and/or experience, the contractor shall possess a working knowledge and understanding of systems engineering (SE), as it relates to the DoD Acquisition process defined in DODD 5000.01 and DODI 5000.02.
WORK LOCATION: Edgewood, MD
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.