Systems Engineer Mobile Lab Team: JPEO-CBD
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer- Mobile Lab Team: JPEO-CBD
This position is contingent upon contract award
Systems Engineer for a contingent opportunity supporting Joint Project Manager Guardian (JPM G) Edgewood, MD. To perform all aspects of technical analysis and systems engineering support to facilitate the design, development, implementation and sustainment of a materiel solution.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide program and strategic planning necessary for major milestone acquisition programs, including development of sustainment strategies and project plans.
- Serve as functional area (e.g., Program Manager, Test and Evaluation (T&E), Systems Engineering, Operational Test Agency (OTA), etc.) integrated product team (IPT) coordinator for all programs of record to ensure major milestone decision data is being developed, approved, tracked, and archived. The contractor shall
- Plan: draft agendas and prepare support resources
- Conduct: facilitate the meeting and present briefings
- Document: draft meeting minutes and track action items
- Follow-up: facilitate flow of information to leadership and higher headquarters (e.g., JPEO-CBRND, Joint Requirements Office (JRO), Director of Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E), etc.)
- Coordinate and conduct analyses and assessments, collecting and providing input to physical programs Needs and Priorities Capability Gap Assessments.
- Evaluate analytical instrumentation software for interoperability and common data formats.
- Serve as the point of contact and contract lead for the Common Analytical Component Test contract; and as the lead software systems engineer, managing the Systems Integrated Laboratory (SIL) being used to evaluate potential CBRN equipment for the Common Analytical Laboratory System (CALS) variants.
- Provide subject matter expertise to identify and resolve issues, and make sound and timely recommendations to facilitate decision making for analytical component evaluation for the CALS.
- Evaluate the practicality of potential CALS analytical equipment modules proposed.
- Perform evaluations of CBRN equipment combinations proposed as CALS variants and prepare white papers and position papers to explain the pros and cons of each combination.
- Review draft design concepts for networking and data management for the CALS.
- Provide engineering and acquisition support for Mobile Laboratory Systems, to include developing system requirements, acquisition documents, an acquisition program baseline (APB) schedule, work breakdown structure (WBS) elements, and briefings.
- Prepare draft technical and performance specifications for Mobile Lab Team contracts.
- Conduct stakeholder and user meetings in support of the Mobile Laboratory Systems program.
- Evaluate the performance of components being used on fielded Mobile Lab Team equipment.
- Support planning for continued development of the CBRNE Unmanned Ground Vehicle to the Rapid Area Sensitive Site Reconnaissance Advanced Technology Demonstration (ATD) for the 20th Support Command (SUPCOM) and National Guard Bureau (NGB) by providing technical expertise to facilitate decision making.
- Represent Joint Product Manager (JPdM) Consequence Management on DODAF view development and review architecture views for completeness and applicability in support of architecture development.
- Plan and execute the annual CBRNE Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Modernization Process with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate, attend, and facilitate the total package fielding of CBRNE COTS equipment for the NGB CBRNE Dismounted Reconnaissance capability.
- Participate in stakeholder technical working group meetings (e.g., National Guard Bureau (NGB) Civil Support Team (CST), Special Operations Command (SOCOM) CBRNE, Army North (ARNORTH) Defense CBRNE Response Force (DCRF)/Command and Control Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Response Element (C2CRE), United States Marine Corps (USMC) Chemical-Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF) CBRNE, etc.). Participation in these meetings shall consist of scheduling the meeting, preparing the agenda, conducting the briefing, identifying and resolving issues, making sound and timely recommendations to facilitate decision making, preparing meeting minutes, and providing follow-up actions.
- Execute training and the procurement and fielding of equipment for the NGB CST, SOCOM CBRNE, ARNORTH DCRF/C2CRE, and USMC CBIRF CBRNE working groups.
- Evaluate user requirements based on the draft and/or final capabilities development document (CDD).
- Draft reporting requirements for technical data packages at various levels for new contracts; and prepare Performance Work Statements (PWSs), market research reports, and ICEs in support of contract awards.
- Evaluate requirements provided by users and other stakeholders for practicality.
- Schedule and coordinate the review of each document package required for the next major milestone (e.g., Life Cycle Management Plan (LCMP), Systems Integration Plan (SEP), Test and Evaluation Strategy (TES), Test and Evaluation Plan (TEMP), etc.).
- Coordinate programmatic schedules and provide requirements for equipment deliverables.
- Provide technical briefings and reports concerning risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and conduct project meetings (i.e., Joint User Working Group and IPTs) with all stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot failing components on existing fielded equipment and propose equivalencies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET Clearance
- PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as twelve (12) years of general experience and seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Tradeoff: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as fourteen (14) years of general experience and nine (9) years of relevant experience.
WORK LOCATION: Edgewood, MD
KEY WORDS: Joint Project Manager Guardian (JPM G), Team: Analytics and Response Systems (A&RS)
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.