Tactical Communications Analyst- C4
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Tactical Communications Analyst C4
The successful candidate will support our work with the Director, Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Department; the Headquarters Marine Corps department charged with planning, directing, and coordinating all staff activities relating to C4 functions of the Marine Corps to include support to all Chief Information Officer (CIO) activities.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the HQMC Combat Development and Integration (CD&I) Capability Development Directorate (CDD) and Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) to closely track the development of MAGTF C4 systems, to include command and control/situational awareness (C2/SA) systems, in the acquisition process.
- Closely monitor out-year program of record(s) investment funding, milestones, lifecycle support fielding and cost estimates.
- Review and analyze JCIDS documentation, Information Support Plans (ISP), and Urgent Needs Statements (UNS) for impacts to system/application interoperability.
- Continuously monitor and analyze DoD CIO data strategy implementation guidance and system documentation.
- Actively participate and help represent HQMC C4 Department in DoD CIO/DON CIO data strategy governance boards and forums.
- Coordinate with MARCORSYSCOM Program Managers and USMC Functional Area Managers (FAMs) to identify all C2 authoritative data sources (ADS).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret security clearance
- Experience in military communications design and architecture
- Experience with analyzing large data sets to identify potential trends and gaps and to evaluate and forecast next generation communications capabilities.
- Experience with MILSATCOM and networking and working relationships across the DoD C4 communities.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to conduct analysis, develop point or issue papers, and articulate findings and recommendations to the client and across the DoD community.
- Ability to provide detailed and thoughtful recommendations to the client.
- Ability to independently meet with and brief senior DoD officers and work closely across multiple DoD agencies and services.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead working groups and tiger teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of Marine Corps communications equipment and architecture, and MAGTF operations
- Communication Officer or SNCO with previous experience at MSC or service headquarters
- BA or BS preferred, MS highly preferred
- Experience with SATCOM
- Experience with RF
- Experience with tactical networking
- Understanding of DoD 5000 acquisition process and budget cycles.
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: C4, HQMC, CIO, Marine Corps, Information Technology, Governance, IT Equipment research, IT procurement approval, systems engineering, systems thinker, SATCOM, Radio, network, enterprise planning, communications, tracking, critical thinking and identify
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.