Technical Project Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Manager of Project Management, the Technical Project Manager is someone who is responsible for establishing project scope, designing project plans and deliverables, and leading the project team members in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include working with the development managers, developers, subject matter experts, and internal and external stakeholders to establish project budgets, timelines and scopes. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for communicating the project status and escalating any deviation from the established project plan.
- Clearly communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Formulate, track, and execute project plans with cross-functional teams.
- Develop software by formulating objectives, planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability plans.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to collect business objectives and requirements to clearly define, document and scope projects and initiatives.
- Leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions to meet objectives of the software projects.
- Maintain and update relevant documentation to provide a guide for internal customers.
- Work to overcome obstacles to success and to build collaborative relationships with other teams.
- Ensure that planning meetings, daily updates, customer reviews and retrospective meetings are held consistently and are run effectively.
- Other projects as needed.
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in a computer science, information systems or business OR equivalent project management experience.
- 3+ years of relevant Agile Project Management experience, preferably software or mixed software/hardware environment.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to scope, manage, and lead projects
- Manage multiple projects at once and identify opportunities for improvement in the development process
- Excellent project management skills: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability to translate business requirements into project plans
- Well versed in Agile, specifically SCRUM, software project management and the software development life cycle
- Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
- Ability to embrace deadlines
- Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs