Technical Support Engineer
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
We’re currently seeking a full time Technical Support Engineer to join our Integrated Solutions team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of software engineering experience. The right candidate will have a proven track record of quickly learning complex embedded systems and delivering solutions in a dynamic, fast paced environment. This will involve hands-on work in the laboratory to replicate customer systems, understanding firmware source code, identifying root cause, modifying the source.
Who are we?
Satisloh North America is one of the leading machine manufacturers for ophthalmic and precision optics manufacturing as well as for reliable high-tech equipment. Satisloh provides customized cutting edge solutions and a large variety of surfacing, centering, polishing, coating and finishing equipment, consumables & tools, and services support. The health and safety of Satisloh employees continue to be our top priority, and we have implemented numerous changes to our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
What we offer you:
• Competitive insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision program, life insurance, STD and LTD.
• Advancement opportunities available.
• 401(k) with company match.
• Annual Profit Sharing bonus
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Generous paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Research and development of lab solution with hardware/software orchestration, experience in ERP/MES/LMS is preferred
• Understand various standard industrial communication protocols, such as OPC, Modbus bus standards and applications
• Familiar with programming language logic and database (SQL server, Postgres…)
• Experience in on-line equipment, data acquisition and development of central control system
• Utilize software requirements tool to work with internal teams
• Coordinate and perform testing validation to ensure they meet customers’ requirements
• Ensure issues get highlighted addressed and resolved timely/effectively
• Provide administrative and operational support to the technical/engineer team
Project Management responsibilities:
• Work closely with line manager to manage/execute lab operation projects within US region
• Manage and execute Integrated Solutions projects in time, quality and budget with efficient methodology
• Participate in the process of project requirement investigation, analysis and scheme design.
• Track project progress and report status to the management team
• Coordinate Project Team meetings and logistics by liaising with key stakeholders and vendors to meet related project action items
• Prepare regular project updates presentation decks and reports as required
• Maintain and update the relevant project documents
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor degree in computer/automation related specialty preferred
• Good relationship building and communication skills
• Take initiative, high accuracy and organized, independent able to manage multitasks and meet deadlines
• Strong anti-pressure and learning ability about new things solution, thinking data driven and risk taking
• Understand equipment electrical drawings
• Engineering experience in software and hardware is a plus
• Project management, PMP certification is plus
• Can adapt to frequent short-term travel. This role will require 50% percent travel domestically and the ability to possibly travel internationally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This role requires lifting of equipment and significant travel within the facility and travel outside the building. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Satisloh North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SLNA is a drug free workplace