Temporary Bridge Painter
Job category: Other
Job Type: Temporary
San Francisco, California
Under supervision of Chief Bridge Painter, perform painting and associated work on the Bridge and other District facilities as required.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. GGBHTD Employment Application
2. DMV K4 Report – DMV K4 report (driving record) must come from any DMV office (not printed at home). A complete DMV K4 report has the word ***END*** in capital letters at the end of the report. DMV K4 should be dated within 30 days from the date of job posting.
Note: This temporary position is not eligible for benefits.
Paints with airless and conventional spray equipment, brushes and rollers
Facilitates abrasive blasting
Sprays zinc coatings and various topcoats
Rigs paint scaffolds
Responsible for caring and maintenance of paint equipment
Maintains a consistently high level of safety in work conditions
Responsible for cleaning and housekeeping in assigned work area
Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to his or her job.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
Performs additional related duties as assigned
Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required
Education and/or Experience:
Journey-level status with five years’ experience in structural steel painting, including rigging of scaffolds, abrasive blasting and painting with spray equipment.
Completion of a Painter Apprenticeship program desirable.
Bridge painting experience preferred.
– Must possess and maintain a current, valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
– No reckless driving and DUI infractions within the last 7 years.
– No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. May operate District vehicles.
Work outside in cold and other inclement weather. Work comfortably at considerable heights and on suspended scaffolds. Ability to stand for long periods. Ability to work comfortably while wearing cartridge-type respirator. Requires maintaining physical condition necessary for standing/walking; sitting; lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds; pushing/pulling; climbing/balancing; bending/twisting; and kneeling/crouching.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Occupational health and safety rules and working practices applicable to this position.
Work methods including rigging, paint application, paint equipment and tools, and abrasive blasting
Carry out work assignments with minimum supervision
Work effectively and professionally with District employees and all others encountered in the course of work