Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Accumold is seeking talented, hardworking individuals who share our commitment to producing quality products for our customers!
Accumold is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of precision micromolded components. We began operations in 1985 and are the only company in the industry that has been continuously dedicated to micromolding for over three decades. We serve multiple industries requiring micro-sized parts, including medical, micro electronics, micro optics, automotive electronics, military/aerospace, and emerging technologies applications. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and fully climate-controlled, and we offer a relaxed, yet professional work environment.
We have exciting opportunities for Tool Makers/Mold Makers to join Accumold’s talented, dedicated and growing team! This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build components for engineering projects. Use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer and provide tooling support. For more information about Accumold, visit our website: https://www.accu-mold.
- 2nd shift 2PM-10:30PM Mon-Fri (5% shift differential)
- 3rd shift 10PM-6:30AM Sun-Thu (15% shift differential)
- 4th shift 6AM-6:30PM Fri, Sat, & Sun (15% shift differential)
- 5th shift 6PM-6:30AM Fri, Sat, & Sun (20% shift differential)
- Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- May be assigned role as Project Leader for the building of new tools.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots existing molds to make improvements or corrections repairs.
- Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- Other duties as required.
- Education/Experience. High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or moldmaking preferred. Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
- Computer Skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Language Skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. An understanding of cause and effect as it relates to mold making. Use of experience to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Other Skills and Abilities. Willingness to attend conferences, classes or training to enhance and update knowledge and skills. Occasional travel may be requested for company business. Overtime may be required to meet toolroom work demands.
- Supervisory Responsibilities. Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
- Physical Demands. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to stand and use hand to manipulate very small parts or tweezers. Sense of touch may be used to detect texture, burs and edges. Frequent movement throughout the facility is required. Normal or corrected to normal vision is required with good color vision, close vision, and ability to use microscope and adjust focus. May be required to move or transport up to 55 lbs.
- Work Environment. The duties of this job are executed in a climate-controlled environment with few temperature or humidity extremes. Noise levels will vary from very low to moderate depending on the location that the work is performed within the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may have contact with machining residues such as steel chips, grinding dust, EDM smoke, cutting oils and coolants. Safety glasses are required