Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Traverse City, Michigan
$500.00 signing bonus at 90 days
Job Title: Transportation Manager
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Position type/ expected hours: Full-Time
The Transportation Manager position supervises all activities relating to and workers responsible for shipping and receiving products on a daily basis. To succeed in this role, you should have knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations. Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
2. Issue written and oral instructions.
3. Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to company policies and procedures.
4. Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
5. Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
6. Interview and hire new employees.
7. Schedule daily and weekly routes.
8. Monitor and report on transportation costs.
9. Conduct regular safety audits on department.
10. Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods.
11. Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance.
12. Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders.
13. Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
14. Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
15. Responsible for compliance with all local and Federal level regulatory agencies such as DOT, OSHA, FMCSA etc.
16. Maintain Commercial Motor Vehicle files on all drivers.
17. Monitor maintenance of the fleet and the effectiveness of daily route activities ensuring customer satisfaction.
1. Communication Proficiency.
3. Technical Capacity/ Computer Skills
4. Performance Management.
5. Learning Orientation.
6. Ability to problem solve.
7. Excellent organizational skills.
8. High school diploma/ GED equivalent.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.