Visiting Research Specialist, Health Sciences Position
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
The University of Illinois at Chicago Center for Research on Women and Gender (CRWG) is seeking qualified candidates for the Visiting Research Specialist, Health Sciences position. Under administrative direction, the individual selected for this position will assist with research related to women’s health, with a particular focus on maternal health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Principal Investigators and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
• Search for funding opportunities and assist with preparation of funding proposals.
• Formulate and conduct research studies, including implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection and study methods, and analyzing and evaluating research results.
• Establish and manage research databases. Oversee data collection processes to ensure data quality and organization.
• Develop quantitative data analysis plans. Conduct appropriate data cleaning and statistical analyses on new and pre-existing data.
• Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
• Develop and write advanced, comprehensive protocols.
• Conduct process evaluation of implementation projects and monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
• Assist in the reporting of dissemination of research findings through mechanisms such as publications and presentations
• Review current scientific literature related to maternal health and women’s health and recommend research areas that should be investigated.
• PhD or Master’s degree in public health, social science or related field (PhD preferred)
• 1-3 years of research experience in health sciences (women’s health or maternal health preferred).
• Knowledgeable about current developments and research findings in women’s health, able to evaluate their potential applicability to research and service program, and able to adapt them for use in execution of new research.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office
• Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, or other statistical software
For fullest consideration, please apply at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=105408 by January 31, 2019.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.