Wait Staff Supervisor- Fulltime
Job category: Food Services
Job Type: Full Time
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hiring Bonus Details for Full-time Wait Staff – $250.00 after 90 days and $250.00 at 6 months
Compensation Range: Starting wage is $14.00/hr and up depending on verifiable experience
Schedules vary within these hours of operation: Sunday through Saturday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm or Wednesday through Sunday: 10:30am – 8:00pm. Weekend hours are required.
The Wait Staff Supervisor is responsible for the dining room set-up and maintaining high standards of service and sanitation. Supervises wait-staff to ensure that foods are served professionally and in a timely manner. The Wait Staff Supervisor inspects food prior to serving to ensure adherence to presentation, quality, & temperature and ensures the expectation of guests are being met. The Wait Staff Supervisor also performs hostess duties.
- Oversees daily activities in the dining rooms
- Assigns daily set-up and closing tasks to wait-staff and ensures completion of the tasks
- Assigns wait-staff to their sections
- Reviews wait-staff set-ups and side tables for accuracy and cleanliness
- May participate in the interview and selection process of new staff, performance evaluation process and development of procedures to achieve goals.
- Assists or performs in-service and training for staff.
- Performs coaching & disciplinary actions as appropriate and in conjunction with the department director/manager.
The ideal candidate will have a personable demeanor, good communication and listening skills, and the ability to perform the physical aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements: Requires extended standing and/or walking. Ability to lift heavy objects. Frequent bending and stooping.