Wait Staff Supervisor
Job category: Food Services
Job Type: Full Time
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
We have a NEW minimum starting wage of $14.00+ per hour! Wage consideration will be given for years of demonstrated experience.
It is important to provide a complete and relevant employment history.
The Wait-staff Supervisor is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service to residents in our dining rooms in a timely, courteous, efficient, and accurate manner. He or she ensures proper dining room set up and maintains high standards of service and sanitation. Inspects food prior to serving to ensure adherence to presentation, quality, and temperature and ensures the expectations of guests are being met. Supervises the wait-staff and oversees the activities in the dining rooms. Resolves customer concerns in a timely and professional manner. May performs a variety of duties related to meal service, including but not limited to, greeting residents, taking orders, stocking, cleaning, catering for meal service.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or GED and previous experience dining and catering experience; fine dining experience preferred. Previous supervisory or leadership ability; knowledge of proper food handling procedures; alcohol servers license preferred; Effective oral and written skills, customer service skills, empathy and the ability to listen, good time management skills, and professional dress, and behavior are all required for this position.
Physical requirements include long hours of standing and walking; lifting and walking with heavy serving trays.
– Supervises wait-staff and oversees dining room activities
– Greets all dining room guests in a professional and courteous manner
– Inspects food prior to serving to ensure quality of presentation, quality and temperature
– Ensures set up and clean up of dining areas before and after mealtimes
– Communicates with residents and supervisors about dietary needs and restrictions and stays aware of diet changes
– Resolves resident complaints and concerns or escalates when necessary
– Ensures that safety and sanitation requirements are met
– Takes orders and serves meals as necessary to ensure service requirements are being met
High school diploma or GED required
2-3 years related experience
Supervisory or leadership experience
Excellent customer service skills and professional appearance.
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Ability to relate well with the senior population
Knowledge of food handling and general sanitary and safety practices
Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
Voluntary Insurances Option
Discounted Fitness Center Membership
Employee Assistance Program