Warehouse Manager – MN Operations
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Under the direction of the Director of Warehouse Operations, the Warehouse Manager works to coordinate and direct the warehouse operations in MN effectively and efficiently. This position will manage shipping and receiving operations, order filling, accurate data compilations, inventory control, budgeting and will be responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the buildings. The Warehouse Manager will provide the necessary planning, organization, metrics reporting, productivity, training, direction, and control to meet the inventory control and revenue goals of the company.
- Receive inventory and keep accurate & up-to-date records
- Organize MBOs to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in improving the operations of JHTNA
- Train staff to perform tasks in accordance to job responsibilities
- Meet dispatch deadlines and ensure quality of orders
- Monitor, reduce and control warehouse and handling costs, audit and sign off on all dispatch related invoices against agreed quotes
- Ensure shipments are accurate and customer compliant
- Ordering for consumables and packaging requirements including control of materials, cost reductions and improved quality
- Manage inventory flow between facilities
- Provide monthly metrics of warehouse related processes
- Promote and provide a safe environment for employees
- Monitor and manage employee timesheets in HRIS/Payroll system
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and controlling.
- Train supervisors in all aspects of warehouse management
- Ensure employee training is documented and up to date
- Ensure work instructions are accurate and up to date
- Provide clear and concise directions and expectations to staff
- Responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions, training, and developing subordinates
- Responsible for completing adequate performance documentation on time.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; however, extensive managerial experience in the warehouse industry may substitute.
- Minimum of 4 – 10 years of warehouse management experience
- Strong leadership skills and a proven background of influencing others and leading change
- Proven experience with setting, pursuing and achieving aggressive goals
- Experience with domestic shipping procedures and processes to include LTL/FL UPS, FEDX systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong background with current technologies including SAP and facilities management software
- Full insurance benefits; including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(k) for your retirement