Warehouse Order Selector, San Jose CA
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
San Jose, California
Imperial Dade is the leading distributor of foodservice packaging, facilities maintenance supplies and equipment in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. As a provider of customized supply chain solutions, the company serves customers in many business-to-business market segments including supermarkets, grocers, healthcare facilities and restaurants. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in New Jersey, Imperial Dade serves more than 60,000 customers through a footprint of 48 branches and has a growing network of strategically located distribution centers with a fleet of over 900 vehicles.
Since CEO Robert Tillis and President Jason Tillis assumed their roles in 2007, the company has grown both organically and through acquisitions to become a leader in the disposable food service and janitorial supplies industry.
The Warehouse Order Selector is mainly responsible for Selecting; however, may be asked to assist with a multitude of tasks such as storing, packaging, and monitoring product, or equipment inventory. Responsible for combining all the items ordered by each customer so that their bulk products, splits, and retail items are together. Will be in direct contact with customers. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 1:30pm-10:00pm with required overtime.
- Receive pick tickets from supervisor.
- Obtain merchandize from shelves.
- Pick customer orders for shipment.
- Must ensure customer satisfaction by shipping the correct product, quality product, correct product quantity.
- Must contact the Supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of a product.
- All specialty products will receive additional attention to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notate all items not in stock. Contact manager for substitutes.
- Know the correct shipping procedure for items sold/shipped.
- Learn and understand your customer and their needs.
- Ensure that the warehouse is cleaned and maintained at all times.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures at all times without exception.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience in related warehouse work.
- Ability to handle the smallest of details associated with preparing shipments.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Basic reading, writing skills, and communication skills.
- Ability to properly stack product on pallets, preventing damage to product.
- Meet and exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively, as relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, see and hear.
- Required to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required.
- Frequently lift, push, or move products that weigh 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
At Imperial Dade, we offer an exciting environment in which to work, learn, and grow professionally. We are excited to continue to invite talented individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team. As a family-owned and operated company, we value our people and
strive to create rewarding career opportunities by offering competitive salaries and benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, and a generous Paid Time Off Package.
Imperial Dade is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Learn more at: https://imperialdade.com/Home/About