Wastewater Treatment Maintenance Mechanic
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
The Charles River Pollution Control District, a medium-sized, advanced wastewater treatment facility, is seeking a candidate for the position of Maintenance Mechanic. Duties include but are not limited to: equipment troubleshooting or repair, performing preventative maintenance tasks, maintaining inventory of parts, cleaning offline process tanks, grounds and building maintenance including snow removal and other tasks that may be needed to be completed to maintain the operation of the treatment plant.
The candidate shall have the ability to:
• maintain and repair equipment with a strong mechanical aptitude;
• work well in a team-oriented environment while also being able to work independently;
• be safety conscious;
• use a computer to order parts, use the maintenance software, etc.;
• understand/execute written and oral instructions, read/understand technical instructions and manuals;
• operate specialty tools specific to Departmental needs and requirements, after receiving training.
Valid driver’s license required. No wastewater experience needed, training will be provided.
Hourly rate ranges from $18/hour – $29/hour and will be based upon experience and qualifications. Competitive benefits are offered which includes the Norfolk County Retirement System.
Please send cover letter and resume to Janice Healy, Charles River Pollution Control District, 66 Village Street, Medway, MA 02053 or firstname.lastname@example.org